• Enter all international (non-United States/foreign) institutions you have attended on your PTCAS application.

    Canadian Institution

    Review the program-specific admission requirements to determine if original transcripts or foreign transcript evaluations for Canadian coursework must be submitted directly to the program or PTCAS.

    • PTCAS will accept original Canadian transcripts (if in English).
    • Send a foreign transcript evaluation for Canadian transcripts not in English.
    • PTCAS will not hold your file in processing for missing Canadian transcripts.
    • Enter all of your Canadian courses on your PTCAS application.
    • PTCAS will not verify your Canadian courses or include them in any of your PTCAS GPAs.
    • PT programs can view your un-verified Canadian courses and transcripts.

    Study Abroad

    • Send United States transcript with study abroad credits to PTCAS.
    • Enter all study abroad courses that appear on a US transcript with separate grades and credits under the US institution.
    • If the US transcript does not display the grades or credits for study abroad courses, follow the policies below for international (foreign) transcripts and coursework.

    Overseas United States Institution

    PTCAS recognizes "overseas US institutions" that are located outside the United States borders, are regionally accredited, and use English as the primary language of instruction and documentation. If you attended an overseas US institution, send an official transcript to PTCAS and enter all courses on your PTCAS application. US institutions with campuses overseas (eg, University of Maryland at Munich) are also considered US colleges for which transcripts are required and all coursework must be listed.

    International (Foreign) Institution

    Do not enter any foreign courses completed outside the US or Canada (unless "study abroad" through a US institution).Visit the PTCAS Directory to determine the foreign transcript requirements for each PT program, as described below:

    • Send a foreign transcript evaluation report to PTCAS. If required by a PT program, send foreign transcripts to World Education Services for "course-by-course" report. If received, PTCAS will release the report to your selected PT programs.
    • Send original foreign transcript directly to program. Do not send to PTCAS.

    Foreign Transcript Evaluation Service

    PTCAS will only accept foreign transcript evaluations from the World Education Services (WES) and will no longer accept evaluations from other agencies. Arrange for WES to send a course-by-course report to PTCAS. Applicants are advised to allow 4–6 weeks for WES to process and send the evaluation to PTCAS,  once a report is requested.

    World Education Services, Inc
    PO Box 5087
    New York, NY 10274-5087